S. Wesley Gorman
Wes practices primarily in white collar criminal defense, complex civil litigation, and investigations and compliance. He has tried and won complex, high-stakes cases on both sides of the “v” across many practice areas, including federal criminal prosecutions, civil fraud and embezzlement cases, business financial disputes, and tort and contract actions. He’s represented corporations and individuals in federal and state trials, government investigations and administrative actions, private arbitrations and mediations, and internal compliance matters. Wes has the experience and judgment to know how and when to litigate and win in any forum, in any case.
Wes’s experience includes:
- Defending individuals and corporations in criminal and regulatory investigations and trials;
- Representing clients in responding to subpoenas, acting as witnesses, and navigating government process;
- Conducting internal investigations in confidential compliance matters;
- Winning financial and contractual disputes on behalf of private clients; and
- Advising clients on compliance with various statutory and regulatory regimes.
Wes is also a member of the Criminal Justice Act panel in the Western District of Pennsylvania, where he defends indigent clients in federal prosecutions.
Wes was formerly an Assistant United States Attorney in the Central District of California and an attorney-officer in the U.S. Army JAG Corps. Wes received his B.A. from Princeton University in 2006 and a J.D. from UCLA Law School in 2009, where he was a Senior Editor on the UCLA Law Review. Wes is currently admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New York and California.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of California
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Princeton University, B.A. (2006)
- UCLA School of Law, J.D. (2009)
Allegheny County Bar Association, Federal Criminal Practice Subcommittee